Cardstore recently invited me to check out their website and choose a complimentary card, and I was really impressed with their selection and customization options. I chose this adorable ice cream cone card for my girls to use next time they receive a gift. You can check out more Cardstore thank you cards here. 🙂
I also thought this would be a nice opportunity to say thank you for reading and to give extra thanks to Evani, Stephanie, and Andieee for their recent recognition of Pretty and Delectable on their blogs! Here are my answers to some of their questions:
1. My favorite thing to buy under $20 is frozen yogurt/ice cream for me and my girls. The three of us have been going out for frozen treats on a regular basis (yes, even during the winter!) ever since the girls were toddlers and it’s one of our favorite traditions.
2. I read books almost exclusively on a Kindle now with the exception of children’s books that I read to the girls. I’m currently reading this hilarious novel on my Kindle and I recently bought this incredibly cute book about crayons for my girls.
3. The food I cannot live without is seafood! My favorites are salmon, halibut, scallops, and sushi.
4. A favorite quote of mine: “The art of being happy lies in the power of extracting happiness from common things.” -Henry Ward Beecher
5. If I could eat any dessert right now, it would be a chocolate pot de creme… I’ve had several of these over the years at various restaurants and they are always fantastic! I’ve never tried making it myself… I’m sure I’d be horrified to discover how much butter/cream/chocolate is involved. 😛
Hope you’re having a great week and a smooth back to school transition for those of you with kids in your family! Our girls really enjoyed their first day of kindergarten… their favorite parts of the day were meeting new friends, hot lunch in the cafeteria, and recess. 😀