I recently/semi-recently received Liebster Award nominations from Macarons and Musings, Be Forever Lovely, and Edibles and Travels! Thanks to Caroline, Barb, and Ally for nominating me! 🙂 To prevent this post from becoming too overwhelming, I’m going to pick a few questions from each of their lists to answer:
1. What is your favorite city? Portland, Oregon… my birthplace and home. I still can’t believe they made a television series based on our city…
2. What is your favorite season? Summer! Can’t beat the long daylight hours and warm weather. I really look forward to farmer’s markets, berry season, and trips to the park with my twin girls.
3. Your favorite random memory from growing up. Summer vacations in Hawaii at my grandparents’ house… playing in the sugar cane fields behind their house, the smell of the dendrobium orchids my grandmother used to keep, and eating island treats like shave ice, papayas, and guava cake.
4. Is your happy place on a beach, on a trail in the woods, or on a boat? Why? On a trail in the woods! One of my favorite things about living in the Pacific NW is the abundance of trees and forest trails. I love the fresh air and peacefulness. This photo is one I took during a recent trail run at a nearby nature park.
5. Ice cream… best invention, and favorite flavor? Is it possible to have just one favorite ice cream flavor? Cookies and cream, mint chocolate chip, and peppermint are my favorites.
6. What’s your favorite dish? Pasta! Sushi is a close second. And obviously I have quite a sweet tooth!
7. What do you look forward to everyday? Spending time with my girls! They are enthusiastic, curious, and fun loving. It’s also really neat to see the bond they share with each other as twins although the flip side is that they know exactly how to push each other’s buttons!
8. What is your profession? I am a radiologist. My work days are spent sitting in a dark room in front of multiple computer monitors assessing x-ray, CT, and MRI images for abnormalities. I also perform x-ray guided joint injections.
9. What do you love most about blogging? Blogging has been a wonderful way for me to savor the happy/memorable/pretty/fun moments in my life, work on improving my photography skills, and curate my favorite recipes in one place. It’s also been an equally amazing opportunity to connect with others who share similar interests and discover new blogs to read.
Thank you so much for reading my blog! In lieu of nominating specific blogs for this award, I would love for you to comment by answering one or many of the above questions so I can learn a little more about you. Have a great day!